About 3ABN VBS
Here’s all the information at a glance!
What: 3ABN’s Vacation Bible School 2012
Where: 3ABN Television
When: Monday–Friday, July 16–20, 2012 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. CDT (UTC-5)
Who: Hosted by Miss Brenda, Miss Cinda, and Auntie Linda (The Micheff Sisters)
Format: These interactive programs will be broadcast LIVE! A DVD set of all programs will be available several weeks after the event’s conclusion (some time after August 1, 2012).
Design: 3ABN’s VBS program is designed so that any church, anywhere in the world, can tune in. Nearly everything is done for you, taking much of the work out of doing VBS, and allowing you to focus on the kids!
These are not episodes of Kids’ Time or Tiny Tots for Jesus. However, we will use elements from both, since VBS includes kids from toddlers to pre-teens.
Watch our promo video!
The program consists of:
- Theme: Adventures With Paul
- Five programs, 1.5 hours each
- Hosts: The Micheff Sisters
- An exciting Bible story reenactment
- Fun crafts for kids
- Message from our Kids' Time Pastor John
- Visits to the barn with our Tiny Tots Farmer Mannie
- Nature Nuggets with our Kids' Time Ranger Dwight
- Special Sing-Along Music with our Praise Time musicians
- and more!
How to participate:
- Purchase a VBS Starter Kit. Your kit will include a printed Director's Guide and a CD-ROM with crafts and promotional materials to print, as well as samples of other VBS items that can be purchased separately. The guide includes detailed instructions for each day.
- If joining us live during July 16-20, 2012, tune in 3ABN on a TV or on a computer at your church using a screen everyone can see. (The television approach is more reliable.)
- On a TV: Tune in to 3ABN the way you normally do with your satellite system for the 6:30 p.m. CDT start time. (You'll probably want to start the TV 20-30 minutes early, to be sure everything is working correctly.)
- On a computer: Visit http://3abn.org/media/3abn-broadcast/ (if the computer has the TVU plugin installed), or else http://3abn.org/media/3abn-broadcast-generic/ (for Mac computers and others without TVU) for the 6:30 p.m. CDT start time. (You'll probably want to start the online video 20-30 minutes early, to be sure everything is working correctly.)
- Follow along with the television hosts. It’s that easy!
- If you cannot join us LIVE, you can purchase the VBS DVD kit, which will ship after the live event; this kit will let you do the VBS program whenever you choose. You'll need a TV or computer with a DVD player.